Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Sporty & Casual

Hello Readers. How are you doing? January started wild and totally out of control but seems to have calmed down. That makes me less stressed. Maybe 2021 will be a more stable year? I really hope so. Well, let's talk about sewing. My daughter gave me this dress when she cleaned out her closet.      (Thanks Sweet Pea!)

I loved that the dress was so simple (Boring.). I knew I could make it over a little and have some fun with it. 2020 has made me much more casual, so I decided to make this dress more casual too. 

I have also noticed that I don't have that many shirts. I thought at first that I should make this dress into a shirt. It would be really useful. But the dress was pretty long on me. When I cut the shirt, I had plenty leftover. 

I decided to make a skirt. For the waistband I used some scraps from a sweatshirt. I attached the waistband to the skirt and left an opening for the string. I think this is the string from a hoodie. This skirt will always fit because the waist will be adjustable.


 

  This is now a fun casual dress that I really liked. It has a waist and a more defined shape.


 
I also have a new shirt to wear when layering up for winter. It is really cold and icy out there.
 
 
It looks so pretty but it is SO cold. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.  

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love this 2 piece dress. It is definitely a favorite.

2 comments:

KD said...

You look very nice in the refashioned dress.

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much KD!
Happy Sewing to you,
Chickie