Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Making More of My Bathrobe

 Hello Readers. I hope you are safe and well. It is cold and I want to spend some time hibernating at home. (Anyone else want to hide from the world?) I loved my blue fuzzy robe but it was not very long. My legs need some insulation too. I also lost the belt somewhere along the way and couldn't tie it closed. I had a pair of fuzzy pajama pants but they were a little short, my ankles were cold.

Actual morning photos.


 I thought they could work together to keep me warmer and cozier.


I started by cutting the hem off the robe. This was going to be my new belt. It is a great width and it is already put together for me. 

My next step was cutting the pants apart. I wanted to use one leg to lengthen the robe.  I cut the 2 large rectangular pieces on the left. I want them to add length to the robe. The other leg was going to be used for pockets. Why doesn't this robe have pockets? Everything should have pockets! I cut out the 2 square pockets on the right. 

I used a zigzag stitch for most of this sewing. The fleece was easy to work with. I hemmed the robe all the way around.

 Remember the belt I cut out? I threaded that through the waist band of the robe. 

 That was all I needed to do. Below is a fake morning picture. I am not a morning person, as you can see in the first picture.


I liked the new length a lot. It makes more sense for a heavy winter robe to be longer. The pockets are also handy too. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Chickie's Year End Review- I wear this bathrobe everyday in the colder months. Literally. Everyday.


3 comments:

KD said...

Good save, of both pieces! The pajama bottoms are a good match (in fabric weight, print,and colors) to the too-short robe. This refashioned cosier robe has a lot more personality than a department store robe, at a much lower price.

Queen Of Rods said...

I enjoy all of your posts and projects. Your pictures and sense of humor make me giggle, which is very helpful during this time of anxiety. Thank you for helping to lighten up my mood :)

I Can Work With That said...

Thank you KD and Queen Of Rods for the kind comments. It is great to hear.
The robe is cozy and working well. It is always so cold in the morning.
Happy sewing toy you both!
Chickie