Friday, February 19, 2021

Blue Overload

 Hello Readers. It is possible that you are snowed in. It seems like most of the U.S. is in some sort of arctic blast right now. (Unless you are in Hawaii, you guys are enjoying some warm sun.) If someday I get dressed and go out, I have a great jacket to wear.

 

This jacket looks like a fairly normal blazer. I loved the blue color, it was a wonderful jewel tone.


 Here is where things got fun you guys. It is SUPER stretchy. This was great news for me. I love stretch in my clothes. It makes everything more comfortable. Everything should have a little stretch to it! But what is happening inside the jacket? It has a built in tank top? But why? That is a lot of bright blue velvet. Blue velour? Whatever it is, it's not great. Even I have my limits. This seemed like too much. It really limits any mixing and matching with other tops. I don't like that at all.

 

My first step was to remove the tank top. I just wanted the jacket. The tank top had to go. Buh-Bye!

 

The next step was to get the shoulder pads out too. I don't really like them. They are a little too big and I feel like a football player in them.

 

Here is what I removed. It is the complete front of a shirt. It has darts and everything. It would be a great shirt on its own. If only it had a back.

 

When I was done I had a great jacket that is SO comfortable and cozy.

 

The sleeves can be pushed up which gives it a more casual vibe. And when I open it, I can have a regular shirt under it. No more blue-on-blue overload!


 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.  

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love this blue blazer jacket. It is stretchy and feels like a sweatshirt. Love it.

No comments: