Friday, February 5, 2021

So Much Red

 Hello Dear Readers. Valentine's Day is coming and when I saw this red dress I thought the color was perfect for Valentine's Day.

This red is so pretty but this dress is a little shapeless.

It isn't anymore exciting from the back either. Ho-hum. But that color!!

The first thing I did was remove the pocket. It didn't seem to be in the right location for me. It was very low. It was in between my chest and my stomach. I carefully unpicked the stitches and took it off the dress.

I did want a pocket, just not the red one. I have had these little fabric pieces for ages. I did not make them. They were in a bag of sewing things someone passed on to me. The embroidery was so pretty I have held onto them for a few years. I decided it was time to use one.

I folded and ironed and starched this one square into a pocket. I used MANY pins to secure it in the right location. Then I used my machine to attach it. The pins held it in place while I sewed. Things tend to move around on me so I went heavy on the pins.

You saw that the dress was a very loose A-line shape but that isn't what I wanted. I wanted a shirt. I reshaped and shortened the dress. Right now you are adjusting your glasses and/or the screen on your device. This picture is crazy blurry. I apologize. But I included it because it really does show the shape and the parts that were cut away


The bottom of the dress made a perfect infinity scarf to wear with my new t-shirt. (It's cold out there.)

I loved the shirt and it matched this sweater. It was the perfect off-white to match my added pocket.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Chickie's Year End Review-I loved this red shirt. Sadly the color bled onto the pocket and I tried to fix it. It didn't work. I was crushed. I miss you red Tshirt.


No comments: