Friday, February 26, 2021

More Blue Overload

 Hello Readers. You might remember this snazzy blue blazer from last week. I loved the blazer but not the blue under-layer that was sewn into it. 

 

I took it out to make the blazer more versatile. I wanted to wear it with other shirts.

When I removed the under-layer I was impressed with the construction. I didn't want to throw it away. I try to save and use all my sewing left-overs. What could I make from half of a tank top?

 Well, I could try to make an entire tank top! I had a blue tank that I liked to wear under other shirts but I got something on the front of it and I could not get the stain out. I cut the cotton tank in half and used the back of it to go with this velvet front.

I could put them together and then I would have a stretchy blue tank top. It would be a really fun layering piece. The velvet/velour was such a pretty color.

These two parts made a complete tank top pretty easily. The stretch in the fabric made this tank really comfortable to wear. I am thinking about the next refashion.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-This tank is handy and I love the color. Win-win!

No comments: