Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Fun With Flannel

 Hello Readers. I have been having fun swapping parts of clothing with parts from other clothing. Read on and you can see what I mean. 


I started with a few items that all had black or black and white as the color palette. The flannel shirt and the hoodie just didn't fit well in the sleeves. I needed about 6 inches of arm. I was having the same problem with the hoodie. Short arms are a serious problem in my everyday life.


 I decided to do some cutting and swapping. I shortened the sleeves of the flannel shirt. I went for a 3/4 length sleeve. It was more flattering and I could use my hands. Win-win! I used the waistband of the hoodie to reshape this flannel. It is narrower, shorter and it is pulled in at the waist a little. I can pull it over my head.

 

This black skirt fit but it was SO full. It felt too twirly. Is that even possible? I guess it is, because that is how I felt. I liked the length though.


 I decided to do some more cutting. I took a big chunk of fabric from each side. It looks like a bat here but I promise it is a skirt. It is still full but not quite as puffy.

I thought the new fit of these clothes was great and I always love separates that I can mix and match with other clothes.


I am still working with the rest of that hoodie. You will see it in a future post. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-Where is this shirt. I love it and I haven't been able to find it for a while. I have no idea what happened to it. Very sad.


No comments: