Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Casual Easter

Hello Readers. Easter is coming and I realized that it might not be a normal Easter holiday for everyone. Plans will depend on where you live and what the travel and meeting restrictions are in your part of the world. You might be staying home and if so, you might not dress up. You might wear a t-shirt and jeans. 

  

I thought making Easter t-shirts would be a fun activity for my youngest. You can do this at home with any t-shirt and some acrylic or fabric paint. This would be a fun activity to do with your kids. The first thing I do is put newspapers inside the t-shirt so the paint does not soak through the shirt to the back. I put newspapers all around the craft area too, paint is messy.


I cut a piece of foam into an oval shape. I want to paint eggs on my shirt. You know, Easter eggs. I painted to foam and used it as a stamp. I wanted all my eggs to be the same size and shape. The foam piece helped get a uniform look. It isn't necessary. You could just paint an oval shape free hand.


I used a brush to fill in my eggs. I needed to cover the writing on my shirt. I let the off-white paint dry over night. I wanted to used bright colors and the off-white paint will allow the bright paints to really pop. You might not need to do this for your shirt.


The next day I was able to start painting my eggs. I used a variety of colors. These were all acrylic paints I had on hand. 

 

My 5 year old loved this project. He painted for a long time. He wanted to make an egg face. I just wanted to keep him busy so an egg face was fine with me. 


I let the shirts dry over night again. Acrylic paint will not wash out once it is dry. It might fade slightly in the first wash. The images on the shirts will last a long time. Remember that, what ever gets painted will not wash out. Paint in a location that won't get ruined by dripped paint.

 


I hope you have a happy blessed Easter, if you are celebrating. It doesn't have to be a typical holiday to be great. No matter what you are doing today,  I do recommend chocolate in any form. It will add some yum to your day.

 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

  Child review- My 5 year old says, "This shirt is great". 

It survived climbing trees, leaf piles and various outdoor activities. 


***Chickie's Year End Review-I liked this shirt project and my son wore his as much as he could. I don't know why but it was his very favorite.

No comments: