Friday, March 12, 2021

Dress? Tunic? Sweatshirt?

Hello Readers. Nothing beats a soft cozy sweatshirt, right? I have seen some sweatshirt dresses in stores and I liked the cozy casual style. This blue sweatshirt dress/tunic came from a swap for free. It fit in my plan for refashioning for free in 2021. 

 

This sweatshirt could use a little resizing. The sleeves were too long. (#shortarms) The seams and the long sides made the whole tunic feel a little ... off.

 

 The plain navy blue wasn't bad but can we jazz it up a little? Sure we can. 


 I have been using this black and gray hoodie to make other clothes because it did not fit. I will use some pieces of this hoodie to add some interest. This hoodie was really soft and was a nice addition to everything I have made from it. It was a hand-me-down too.

I started by taking the hood off the hoodie and pinning it onto the tunic. It was easy to sew this onto the tunic with my sewing machine. It would add a little interest to the neckline.


I also added the wrist binding from the hoodie to the tunic too. I cut the sleeves shorter and then stitched the wrist binding on. I have short arms so I wanted the sleeves to be shorter. The binding helps make it all look more finished. And now I can push up the sleeves and they will stay pushed up.


I decided to make the dress a bit narrower on the sides. I also wanted the whole tunic to be even along the bottom hem. It was longer on the sides than it was in the middle. 


This is a fun casual tunic. I added leggings to keep it all covered. And check out these giant pockets. I liked to comfortable roomy fit of this tunic.


This tunic is perfect for being active and going for a walk. Spring? Is that you? Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I wear this sweatshirt a lot. I like it when I am walking especially because of those pockets. I am a sucker for big pockets.







No comments: