Friday, March 19, 2021

Push Up Your Sleeves

 Hello Readers. I have a quick refashion idea for you. This is a great idea if you have short arms and find your sleeves too long or if you have long arms and find your sleeves are too short. 

 My arms are really short, like really short and my sleeves are always too long. It is annoying and I alter a lot of my sleeves to make them fit my arms better. I can't go to work or do anything with my hands covered by my jacket sleeves. This jacket needs a size adjustment.


I could just shorten the sleeves of this jacket that my daughter gave me. (Thanks H for helping me refashion for free in 2021!) I also like to push my sleeves up. It looks more casual and it keeps my sleeves out of my way. It also makes petite women look taller from what I have read. Of course, I want to look taller. First, I made a small opening in the inside of the sleeve. 

 I got a small piece of elastic leftover from an old project and threaded it through the opening. The color is fine because no one will see the green elastic. I connected the elastic so I had a circle going around my wrist. Basically, I made an elastic bracelet inside the jacket sleeve. The elastic tightened the cuffs of the jacket enough that they would stay up on my arms.


It worked like a charm! The sleeves can be pushed up so I look casual and effortless in my hand-me-down jacket. I thought this light blue color was so perfect for spring.


This was a fast and easy refashion that only took about 5 minutes. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-This was a great jacket to me because I love the faded denim color. It has a little stretch too. It is comfortable and easy to wear.


2 comments:

kitblu said...

It took a long time for me to realize that I had short arms. I always knew my legs were short. Then I saw a video of 2 chefs in suits making something. Both of their jackets and shirts underneath were out of the way. Hmmm, that was not MY reality. I always had to remove/change my top so I had short sleeves. Hardly any of my long sleeves would stay up out of the way while I was cooking. Either my cuffs got dirty or my sleeves from pushing them up all the time. I will make good use of your tip!

Thanks,
Paula

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Paula,
I always rolled up my sleeves and didn't think anything of it until a friend with long arms asked how it was possible to have enough fabric in the sleeve to roll it up. She and I were living different lives. In her world the sleeves were always too short. In my world nothing is ever too short. Except me!
Chickie