Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Black & Blue

 Hello Readers. Do you ever get a hole in your favorite t-shirt? We all do, right? It can ruin a great t-shirt. That is what happened to me recently, but I have an idea to fix that favorite t-shirt and make it more fun to wear at the same time. 

 

Here is my favorite basic black t-shirt. It was easy to wear with everything but it had a hole in the front of it. I was really bummed about it. 


I thought of a way to cover up that hole and make the shirt wearable again. I could use the trim from this skirt I refashioned a couple months ago. I always save my sewing scraps for just such a time as this.


I cut the trim off the skirt scraps. It was in perfect condition and it was black so it went with my shirt. 


I used a zigzag stitch to attach the trim to the raw cut edge of the shirt. The trim hid the cut edge and I did not need to hem the shirt. I just put the trim on top. Easy-peasy! I used a zigzag stitch because it naturally has a little stretch or give to it and works with the stretch of this knit fabric well.


 
My new shirt is ready to wear. I liked the fringe along the hemline. It was fun but I thought keeping it black made it subtle enough to wear to work. 


I paired it with these black and blue pants my daughter handed down to me. They were too long so I made them a bit shorter and made a new hem. 
 

 
 These pants were also a knit material so I used a zigzag stitch to have a little stretch in my hem. 


I was ready to go to work. It was Monday morning, that's never great but my shirt and pants certainly were. 

  Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I still really like the fringe on this shirt. It's so fun but subtle.

No comments: