Wednesday, March 17, 2021

A Little Green

 Hello Readers. Today is St. Patrick's Day. I hope your day is full of luck and fun. I wanted to wear green today. I am Irish so I always get into St Patrick's Day.

This dress had some king of flap on the front. What was this flap about? It was not a wrap dress. What was happening here? Why? It was really weird. I didn't think it was very flattering. 

 I decided to start cutting. I cut and cut until the flap was removed. It was a full flap-ectomy. I cut the flap off as close to the seam as I could. It won't fray and you won't be able to see that I cut the flap off.


It was a better dress but it was still a clingy across the bum. I decided to make the dress into a shirt. That involved more cutting. There was a seam at the waist so I used that to decide where to make the hem of my new shirt.


Now I had a sleeveless shirt to wear for St. Patrick's Day and also any other day of the year. Check out that visible gold zipper in the back. That is my favorite part.

This green tank is a great layering piece. 


 I am wishing you the luck of the Irish and every good thing today and always. I saw this card and it caught my eye because my grandfather used to say it and this was the toast at my wedding. 

 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. See you soon.

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love green and I really liked that zipper down the back of the shirt. It is great under things in cold weather too.

No comments: