Thursday, March 28, 2024

Armholes Too Low

 Hello Readers. Sometimes armholes are too big or too low and they don't cover what you want them to cover. This is a very easy thing to fix on a sleeveless shirt.

 
Before and after.
 
If I wanted to wear this pretty yellow shirt by itself I needed to fix it. There were some important bits hanging out here.

I turned the shirt inside out and stitched a new shoulder seam. I pushed the ruffle out of the way and only sewed the shirt itself. 
 
I cut off the excess fabric. 
 
I ironed the shirt and the ruffle.
 
The only part of the new seam that shows is on the neckline. To camouflage the new seam a little I used a zigzag stitch around the neckline. It helped smooth over the connection. I used matching thread to not call attention to it. 
 
Here is a close up of the neckline. It is almost invisible. That is exactly what I want. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

 
 
 

 

 




No comments: