Thursday, March 21, 2024

Dress to Top

 Hello Readers.I recently made some new bedding from clothes. The color and patterns were a fun mix but I had some scraps left over. I don't like to waste scrap fabric so I made this top from some dress leftovers.

Before and after. 

I cut the skirt off this dress to make a pillowcase. That left the top of the dress. Lets use that top piece. 

The top had a zipper down the back and a nylon lining. Ugh! I hate nylon. 

I decided to remove the lining and the zipper. It took a while to unpick the stitches but it wasn't difficult.
 
When I removed all the lining the neck, armholes and hem were all unfinished. I had to fix that. 
 
 I used my serger on all the edges that would fray with out the lining covering them. Then I turned the edges in and used my sewing machine to stitch the edges down.

I sewed the back closed and hemmed the bottom of the shirt.
 
It looked just like it did when I started. The only difference is that the lining was gone. I thought it needed a little something.
 
I decided it needed some sleeves. I wanted to use part of the sleeves from this white sweater. 
 
I cut the ends of the sleeves at an angle. 
 
I thought the sleeves would look cute and sometimes I don't want to go sleeveless.
 
I was almost done. 
 
I added some trim to the seam around the waist. I wanted another white detail. 
 
This was an easy way to use the top of the dress. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

 

 

 

 

 

 









No comments: