Wednesday, March 13, 2024

A Buttondown Shirt Refashion

 Hello Readers. St. Patrick's Day is coming soon. I hope you have some green to wear. It's good luck! I wanted this button down to be short sleeves so I got to work. 

Before and after.

This green plaid shirt was fine but I had an idea. 

I cut the sides of the shirt and that also removed the sleeves. 

I made new arm holes. 

I also cut it shorter and hemmed it. I was in mood for a summer top. I thought this would be a great top for spring and summer.

Then I took one sleeve and cut it open so it would lay flat. Why? It is going in the front of the shirt.

I cut a section of the sleeve that was about 5 inches wide and I serged the edges. 

I sewed the piece of sleeve into the front of the shirt. It is attached between the sides of the shirt. 

I liked the green stripes going in a different direction. I had fun playing around with this and it will be great for warm weather.
 
  But I can also wear it under a sweater in cold weather too. Thanks for reading along, now go make something green for yourself.











No comments: