Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Buttondown to Feminine Blouse

 Hello Readers. When I saw this shirt at a swap I thought the colors were perfect for spring and Easter. I thought it was a little boxy and I wanted it to be more feminine. 

Before and after.

The colors are so right but the shape is so wrong. It's OK. 

First, I cut the collar off. 

I also cut the front of the neckline a little lower. I folded the front on itself so I could cut both sides at the same time. This will make the new neckline symmetrical.

I used my serger around the neckline to prevent fraying. You could use a zigzag stitch for this also. 

I turned the edge under and stitched it down with my sewing machine using a straight stitch to make my new neckline. 

Here is the new neckline. It is more open, which looks better on me.

I opened the hem of the ends sleeves with a seam ripper. I just needed to open it enough to get elastic in.

I checked the size of my bicep to see how big I wanted the elastic to be. I wanted it snug, but not tight. I pinned a safety pin to the end of the elastic and used the safety pin to push the elastic through the sleeve.

When I pulled the elastic through, I tied the ends of the elastic in a knot and sewed the opening closed. 

This gathers the end of the sleeve together and makes a little puffed sleeve. 

My new shirt was ready to wear. It is casual and the colors are fun. 
 
Wishing you lots of chocolate and sweet times. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.











No comments: