Thursday, March 7, 2024

Patching Distressed Denim

 Hello Readers. I have always liked distressed denim. It just seems relaxed and there isn't any pressure or stress about it being perfect. It's a little messy. It's casual and fun.

Before and after.

This skirt was cute but it was meant to be low in the waist. I wanted to raise the waist but that means the distressing will be up on my thigh and I wasn't comfortable with that open hole so high on my leg. I wanted to patch the hole from the inside with this fabric I had in my stash. It had little green sneakers all over it and I just thought it was cute. 

I cut off the long white threads just to get them out of the way. This will open up the hole but I am going to fill it in so it's OK.

I cut a piece of the fabric and made sure it covered the hole fully. I turned the skirt inside out to check the coverage. 

I stitched around the hole to secure the fabric to the denim. I patched the other hole the same way.

I cut off the excess fabric away from the patch. I sewed the new side seams to make the waist smaller. When the waist is smaller the skirt will sit higher on my body. 

The skirt has a higher waist and the patches are a fun addition. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.







No comments: