Thursday, February 29, 2024

A 2-Tone Top

 Hello Readers. This week I have been putting things together to make 2 tone clothes. This shirt was a quick project. I wanted to see if I could put 2 stretchy knits together and make smooth seams.

Before and after.

 
These 2 shirts were plain and I didn't mind cutting them up.
 
I started cutting the shirts into 4 pieces. 
 
I wanted to put my new shirt together like this. I double checked each piece to make sure they were all the same height and width. The gray piece on the lower right was a little wider than it should be, I trimmed it so it would fit with the other pieces. 

I clipped each top piece together so I wouldn't sew them together wrong. 

I sewed the top 2 pieces together and then the bottom 2 pieces. Next I sewed the top to the bottom. 

I liked this color combo a lot and it was soft and comfortable. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.




 

No comments: