Thursday, February 8, 2024

Valentine's Day Nightshirt

 Hello Readers. Valentine's Day is next week. I found this Valentine's Day theme fabric a month or 2 ago. It has super cute vintage looking Valentines all over it. It was a thin light weight fleece and I thought fleece would make a great night shirt. 

Before and after.

I like to hunt for fabric at Goodwill and that was where I found this fabric. It was pinned to some black fleece. I think someone was going to make a blanket. 

As with anything I buy, I washed it right away. 
 
 I got my pattern. I used Very Easy Very Vogue 8062. This shirt was very oversized and I thought it would make a great night shirt if I added to the length.

I played with the pattern pieces a little to see if I could fit my night shirt and a small pair of pajama pants. I thought I could. 

I cut out the pieces. 

I cut out the neck facing pieces. 
 
I started sewing, and it was a very simple project.
 
I put the right sides together and sewed the side seams and shoulders.
 
I added some decorative stitches at the neckline.
 
It looked kind of like this. 
 
It going to look like this when I am sleeping.
 
And the little pajama pants turned out great too. (This child model was paid with candy and extra TV time.) Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourselves.
 

 

 

 

 

 








No comments: