Thursday, February 1, 2024

Cover a Bin With A Shirt

 Hello Readers.Why would you cover a bin with a shirt? Well, this shirt was super cute. The fabric had little clothes lines and hanging clothes all over it. It was a medical uniform shirt but that fabric seemed like it should be in a laundry room. So, that is where it went.

 Before and after.


Why would my medical professional be wearing this clothes line shirt? I didn't get it. But the fabric was so cute. It gave me an idea. 

I found this bin at Target. It was a great size and shape to hold my laundry supplies in my laundry room. 
 
I want something to hold all these detergents and supplies. They get knocked around and sometimes lost behind the dryer. It's annoying.

I tried the shirt on the bin and realized it was bigger than I needed. That was OK. It would work fine as long as I could fit the bin in the shirt.

I compared the shirt and the bin and realized the shirt was longer than I needed so I cut the shoulders and sleeves off to get them out of the way.

I want the fabric of the shirt to cover the whole bin. I don't want the white plastic to show. By placing the hem of the shirt along the bottom of the bin I will get a really nice clean look with no extra work.

I wanted the fabric to stay put on the bin. I used my hot glue gun to make that happen. I started by putting a spot of glue at the base of the bin. Then I pushed the fabric down on the hot glue. (Be careful-IT WAS HOT!!!)

I glued my way around the bottom edge of the bin. 

I mentioned before, this shirt was bigger than the bin. You can see the extra fabric here. I had glued my way around the bin and the extra fabric was at the back of the bin.

I glued the extra layers of fabric down to the bin too. 

I just added spots of glue until all the shirt was glued to the bin. This would be in the back so it won't show but it will still look nice. 

I held the fabric in place while it cooled. It made the fabric smooth and neat.

I glued the fold of the fabric to itself and worked my way up to the top edge of the bin. 
 
I held the folded fabric in place as it cooled so it would be smooth and neat.
 
I added spots of glue along the top of the bin. 
 
I pulled the fabric gently so it was smooth over the top of the bin. I worked my way around the top of the bin. 
 
The top of the shirt was tucked down into the bin.
 
I glued the edge of the shirt to the inside of the bin. I glued all the way around the inside of the bin as well. 

Everything was glued in place but I wanted to cover the cut edge inside the bin. I used this wide white ribbon to cover the fabrics edge. 

I glued the ribbon with spots of glue all the way around the inside of the bin.

When I got back the the beginning of the ribbon, I folded the edge under and glued that down to hide the raw cut edge of the ribbon. 

The ribbon covered the cut edge of the shirt and gives it a really neat look. 
 
I gave the dryer a quick wipe down.
 
 
I put all my laundry items in the bin.
 
Everything was tucked away nice and neat but still easy to reach and use.
 
Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 

 



 






 
 

 

 

 
 
 













No comments: