Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Depressing to Candy Colored

 Hello Readers. I love soft cozy clothes and I love color. These pajamas were soft and cozy flannel and they fit well. But why was the original striped pattern so depressing?

Before and after.

These looked good until I put them on and then I was overwhelmed. I felt like I was in a prison uniform or something similar. I would not sleep well in these. (And I am getting older, I need some sleep.) Why did the red stripes seem so depressing? Whatever the reason, I needed to fix it.

I decided that I would use some Rit dye to brighten up these pajamas. They were 100% cotton so I knew they would dye well. I picked pink because it is almost Valentine's Day. Pink and red would be more cheerful. I put the pajamas in the washer with the dye and let them work together.

I checked on them during the rinse cycle and I liked what I saw.

When they were done in the washer, I put them into the dryer.

I turned the cuffs up on the pants and the shirt and stitched them in place. I am short so this will help me not trip and fall. I do that often.
 
I loved the new color. It was so much more fun. It made me think of old fashioned ribbon candy.

Thanks for reading along, and sweet dreams to you.







No comments: