Wednesday, February 14, 2024

The Conversation Heart Blouse

 Hello Readers. And Happy Valentine's Day! I wanted to make something for the holiday but I wanted to try something subtle, that wasn't over the top. (Some people think less is more and this project is for them.) I had this very simple red button-up shirt and red seemed like a great choice for the holiday. How could I decorate it for Valentine's Day? I decided to change out the buttons for a simple but fun way to brighten up the shirt and celebrate the day.

Change out the buttons for a fun look. 
 
This shirt was a little plain and a little boring. OK, it was very boring. Red is a fun color but this isn't fun ...yet.
 
The plain red shirt had plain red buttons but look at the little heart buttons. They were cute and colorful. 

I thought the buttons looked a lot like these conversation heart candies. I love how these candies look. (They are nothing compared to my true love, chocolate. I just love the nostalgia.)

I cut the stitches and removed the old buttons. 

I replaced the red buttons with the different colored hearts. I matched the thread color with the color of the heart button. 

I replaced all the buttons, even the cuffs. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. And I hope you get all the chocolate you want today.







No comments: