Thursday, July 6, 2023

Flowy Lace Jacket Look at that beautiful lace.

 Hello Readers. I found this flowy lace jacket at a thrift store and I loved it but I actually wanted a shorter version to wear to work. Sometimes I get on a ladder and if I did that in this long jacket, I would fall and die. ( I am clumsy like that.)

Before and after.

Look at that beautiful lace. 

I did some trying on, some measuring and I did some cutting. I wanted at waist level. 

This lace was pretty delicate so I knew I would need to use my serger. I got matching thread so that my new stitching would blend in. 

I threaded my serger with the matching thread and then I stitched around the bottom of the jacket where I had cut it. I think threading the machine took longer than the actual sewing.
*(My sewing machine would not do well sewing this lace. It is too delicate.)

Here is a look at the actual stitches. I liked how the color matched so well. 

The new hemline really looks like it has always been there.

I really liked the shorter length. It's just what I wanted. What about the fabric that I cut off the bottom of the long jacket? I had a plan for that too. I will show you next time. Thanks for reading along, now go make something for yourself.

***Year End Update- This jacket is still so pretty and useful in warm weather.








No comments: