Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Bathing Suit Cover-up

 Hello Readers. It is summer and that means going to the pool or beach, if possible. I do not have my own pool but there are pools  in the area. I found this dress at a clothes swap and thought it looked brand new. It had a beautiful lace outer layer. Why didn't someone want this great dress? Then I figured it out. It had a thick nylon under layer. You know how nylon feels in the summer, like plastic. This pretty dress would feel like a plastic bag. The wearer would feel hot and sweaty and I could see why no one wanted it. But I had an idea. What if that heavy lining was taken out? It would be cooler but also sort of see-through. When is that appropriate? At the beach or pool as a cover up dress!

Before and after.

A heavy nylon lining in summer?? No way!

I had to cut that lining out of the dress. It wouldn't fray because it was a knit so I could just cut it away from the dress. I tried to be very careful and not cut the seams or the lace at all.

I also removed that bottom row of ribbon and lace at the hem. I didn't want the dress to be too long and one row of ribbon had a simpler cleaner look.
 
My cover-up dress was done.
 
It was perfect to wear over my bathing suit to this nice pool. (It belongs to a nice friend.) I will be back next time to talk about the bathing suit I am wearing and how I added onto it. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I wore this a lot in summer and it was so much more useful without the lining.

 

 



No comments: