Wednesday, July 19, 2023

The Barbie Pink Skirt

 Hello Readers. Have the movie trailers for "Barbie" have you craving pink? Is it just me? Like I want some more pink clothes in my life. I had this baggy pink floral skirt in my stash and decided now was the time.

Before and after.

This skirt would satisfy my color craving and it would be a very easy project. This skirt is pretty straight. There aren't any ruffles or gathers or pockets to get in my way. The only obstacle is a zipper on one side. That is OK. We can take the skirt in on the other side.

I tried on the skirt so I could see what I needed to change. This is an important step. This is when I can make the skirt fit my body. clothing sizes in the US can vary from brand to brand and they mean nothing. I marked the skirt where I wanted the new side seam to be. I made sure I was getting a good fit at the waist and the hips. I don't want a gaping waist and I don't want it too tight across my bum.

I used my sewing machine to make a new side seam. I sewed from the top to the bottom. I mad sure the skirt was flat and smooth while I was sewing and I got a nice looking seam when I was done. 

My pink skirt fits so much better now. It only took a few minutes to make this change but it really improved the skirt. Are you planning to see the "Barbie" movie? Will you wear pink? Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I didn't wear this to see the Barbie movie but I did wear it and loved it. It is cheerful and easy to wear.






 

No comments: