Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Laundry Room Organization With a Coatrack

 Hello Readers. Summertime is for relaxing but it's also the time I do my deep cleaning, decluttering and organizing. I wanted to tackle the laundry room because it seemed out of control lately. I needed to organize and keep the things we needed easy to access. 

Before and after.

Here is look at my laundry room before I got to work. It is a place that people leave "stuff" and it is a storage spot as well as the place we do laundry. I needed to have a better storage plan and I needed to get rid of all the "stuff" that did not need to be in there. (Like the game and the hair products!)

I started by doing some laundry. It helped get some of the mess out of the way and I needed to do it anyway.

I decided to take almost everything out to start with. I definitely needed to remove this table. I thought it would be handy but it sticks out too far and it doesn't hold much. Whatever I put in that little cabinet gets forgotten, "Out of sight, out of mind". Sometimes storage ideas don't work. That's OK.

Taking everything out made it so much easier to clean. I vacuumed the floor and around the baseboards.

I mopped while I had the chance. It felt so much better when it was cleaned up. 

Now we can get to the storage. This inexpensive coat rack is actually for an entryway but it is going to be great in the laundry room. The 3 open shelves will hold more than the table I was using. And I can see everything through the open wire shelves, no more forgotten items. It also has 8 hooks to hang things on. This is the laundry room and sometimes I need to hang up special clothes to dry instead of putting them in the dryer. The bar on top can hold hangers and/or clothes as needed. 

I moved the coat rack in and put it next to the vacuum. The vacuum has to stay plugged in so that isn't going to move. That spot isn't ideal but the outlet is there to charge it. I had to work with the space I had.I couldn't let it put me off my plan to organize.

I needed a shelf to store all the extra toilet paper. Clearly I am not over the Covid toilet paper shortages.
 
I put the dog food on the top shelf so everyone can find it and feed the dog. I also put all the vacuum cleaner attachments together in one bin on the bottom shelf. The vacuum is there so I think it will be easier for everyone if the attachments should be right there too. 
 
   Here is a high speed video of what I did in case you want to see some speed cleaning. 
 
When I washed this bag I had an easy way to hang it to dry. 
 
It was also perfect for all the wet things we had when we came home from the pool. 
 
The whole room looks much better. The big blue baskets above the washer ans dryer hold pool towels, sunscreen and toys, light bulbs, lanterns and flashlights, cleaning supplies and dusting cloths. Those bins were working for us so I didn't move or change them. I try to store like items together. It helps me stay organized best that way. Thanks for reading along, now go get organized. 

***Year End Update- This coat rack is still helping keep the laundry room organized. I am glad I put it in there.

 

 

 
 

 






No comments: