Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Adding Coverage to a Bathing Suit

 Hello Readers. I found a nice swim top on sale. I decided to grab it knowing I was going to change it up for myself. 

 
I had navy blue swim bottoms this top could go with and I loved the wide shoulder straps. But the plunging neckline was... well, way to plunging.
 
Like this isn't going to hold on to everything securely.

I had this little bralette that was very pretty but it was not comfortable and didn't fit well. It was perfect for cutting up and filling in that deep V-neck.
 
I put both tops on my dress form and marked the lace top in pencil so would know where to cut.
 
I turned it upside down and folded it down the middle and cut a V shape.

Here is my wide V shape. I made it larger than the opening in the top so I would have extra fabric to work with. 

I used my machine to sew the lace into the top. I stitched over the stitches that were already there. It went together really easily.

The addition of the lace gave me more coverage and I felt more comfortable. 

I wanted a top that was able to keep everything in it's place even if I am active. I tested it out by doing the most uncoordinated cannon ball jump ever seen. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- The extra coverage helped make this swim top more comfortable for me. I wore it all summer.








No comments: