Thursday, July 13, 2023

Denim Shorts; A Summer Necessity

 Hello Readers. Every summer I need one thing in my wardrobe, denim shorts. It is a must. Since the time of Covid my shorts have gotten too small every year so I have to make a new pair. So, welcome to "Denim Shorts 2023 Edition".

It's an annual tradition!

Capri length jeans are not flattering on me. They tend to cut off my legs in a bad way. These will be perfect to cut off into summer shorts.

I like to try them on inside out and make a mark where I want to cut the length. 

I used a seam ripper to get the frayed look. I picked at the edge of the shorts and then washed the to get really good fraying.

Do you have a problem with the waist being too loose? I did but I found an easy solution. 

I found these metal jean buttons on Amazon a while back. (Not an ad. They don't know me.) They have a cap that you can take on and off the back like an earring. You can put them in jeans, or anything else. They stay on really well.

I attached the button a little further over and put the cap on. 

When I button the waist it is a couple inches smaller. No sewing needed!

Here is to a fun summer full of relaxation. (Just kidding. I'm a mom of an 8 yr old boy. We don't sit still.) Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I wore these all summer. They were perfect for casual mom life.









No comments: