Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Gold Vest

 Hello Readers. I got this dress at a swap and the lace top really caught my eye. I didn't like the whole dress but I loved that gold lace.

Before and after.

The under part of the dress was nylon. I really don't like nylon. It is itchy and hot. But again, that lace!! It was so pretty. No one else took it so it came home with me.

The lace top was attached at the edges with tan bias tape. It also had a tan nylon lining. I thought I could carefully cut out the lining and keep all the seams and edges intact. I could have remove the vest easily. 

The edging was all in a tan bias tape and I wanted to keep it because the lace would fray by itself. The lace really needed the edges protected by this bias tape. I wanted to remove the lining by cutting it away but I needed to keep the edges in place.
 
It took about 10 minutes to fully cut away the lining. I sped up this video for you  to see. You can slow the speed if you want to see the whole thing. I cut along the edge of the lining all the way around the top of the dress. I was careful not to cut the bias tape or the lace around the edges. 
 
Here is a closer look at the lining and the bias tape around the edge. I cut as close to the bias tape as I could. I worked slowly so I didn't mess it up. 
 
I used a seam riper to remove the stitches holding the hook and eye closer in place. I didn't need the metal hook and eye anymore.
 
I turned the lace piece around and it was a really pretty vest.
 
  The tie was meant to be tied at the back of the neck but when I reversed the vest the tie was a pretty bow in front. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- This was such pretty lace. I still like to wear this. It is light as air and nice in summer.

 
 
 

 

 

 




 

No comments: