Friday, May 19, 2023

House Dress to Chic Dress

 Hello Readers. This big bold floral print really caught my eye. It seemed so bright and cheerful. It had a big ruffle at the hem and ruffled sleeves that made it look more voluminous than it really was. It made me look more voluminous than I really was too. 

Before and after.

This dress seemed like it would be great for a refashion. Could I make a shorter summer dress? Sure I could.

I decided to cut off the ruffle at the hem. It made the dress too long for me. It had to go.

I used this dress pattern to get the shoulder shape I wanted. The body of the dress was nearly identical to the pattern already. My work was going to be very easy.

I had my dress front and back ready to sew. I liked this new sleeveless dress.



I put the front and back together with my serger so I would have neat seams.

Those ruffles were calling to me. I decided to put the sleeve ruffles back on my dress. 

The ruffles added a nice touch and made cute little cap sleeves.

The skirt of the dress had a fun high-low hemline that I really liked. It was easier to see it with the extra ruffle out of the way. I loved how it all came together. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- This is still a great light weight summer dress. It will come back when the weather warms up.







No comments: