Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Dress to Vest

 Hello Readers. I have been more into wearing layers as I have gotten older. (Almost 51!) I like having a little something over my basic top and bottom pieces. I am always looking for layering pieces and I thought this little dress would be a nice summer piece. It could be a great little sleeveless jacket.

Before and after.
 
I fell in love with the fringe of this dress. It was soft cotton and that fringe was fabulous.This dress was too small and too tight to wear as a dress but that is fine. If I cut the dress open in the front it will fit like an open vest.
 
I grabbed my scissors and I cut the dress right down the middle from the neck to the hem.

This dress was cotton and had a thin cotton lining. I cut the lining open too. 

I stitched the lining and the outer layer together along the cut edge. I put the right sides together and sewed the 2 edges together using my serger. The stitches will be hidden inside the new vest. I gave it a press with the iron too.

I liked the length and the fit was great now that it was opened up. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

***Year End Update- I still wear this vest a lot. It just seems to work well with a lot of other clothes.




No comments: