Friday, March 24, 2023

Making a Bag from Scraps

 Hello Readers. I refashioned a quilted skirt in my last post and I had some of the fabric left over. I wanted to make a matching bag from the scrap pieces. 

Before and after.

I had these 2 scraps from the bottom of my skirt to make my bag. I don't like to waste scraps of fabric and I thought a matching bag would be fun.

 
I didn't have a pattern and I just tried to piece together 2 rectangles with sides and a bottom and I thought it was going well. (Spoiler-It was not going well.)
 
I had this olive green belt and I was going to use it as my strap. 
 
I put the bag together and.... you guys it was a lopsided mess.
 
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. 

I made a new shape with the scraps of the first bag. It was getting smaller each time so I had to get this right.

I liked the new little bag.

I liked the bag on it's own but it will be great with the skirt too.



 

 




No comments: