Friday, March 3, 2023

Fixing a Bleach Accident

 Hello Readers. Do you ever bleach clothes that should never be bleached? That's exactly what I did. Oops!

 
Before and after.
 
I put this jacket and flannel shirt together over a year ago and I loved it. Unfortunately, it had a terrible accident. And it was all my own fault.
 
I put it in the washer with a load of towels and added bleach, not realizing until too late that the new shirt was in the wash too.
 
I was very disappointed. I loved the gray and white plaid flannel shirt/jacket. There was no way to put the gray plaid back on the shirt. The plain white looked awful and really bland.

I had an idea to make the shirt look better. My old friend Rit Dye. (Not an ad. They do not know me.)

I mixed up the dye on my stove as directed. I stirred it around to get the dye evenly applied. 
 
When 30 minutes had passed it looked like this. 
 
I picked green because I like green and it's perfect for St. Patrick's Day this month. I hope your St, Patrick's Day is full of fun shenanigans.
 
 It also works with my Yoda shirt. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun and green for yourself. 

***Year End Update- I love green so this was a winner for me. I did feel a little like a gym teacher in this outfit though.


No comments: