Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Quilted skirt

 Hello Readers. I found this amazing quilted skirt at a clothes swap and I was really drawn to it. I took it home without trying it on. (Obviously I don't strip down at a clothes swap.) I really liked it as it was but it didn't really fit well. 

Before and after.

The skirt had zippers on each side. I thought they looked really cool. I didn't really want to remove them.

I cut off as much of the length as I could without cutting the zippers. I shortened it as much as I could. 

I made it shorter and tried it on inside out so I could mark it if I wanted to alter it anywhere else. 

I had to alter the waist a little to make it fit well. They only place I could make a change was down the back seam. I took in a few inches at the waist and sewed the new seam all the way don the back of the skirt so the seam would be smooth and look like it was always there.

I removed the belt loop and then sewed it back on, right on top of the new seam.

I liked the skirt in a casual outfit too. I will tell you more about the matching bag next time. (Spoiler- It was a hot mess.) Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Year End Update- This skirt is really warm and comfortable and warm. And I do love green.







No comments: