Friday, March 17, 2023

Using a Scarf to Make a Sweater Larger

 Hello Readers. Today's post is about a beautiful green sweater. I liked it so much and it was so soft but it was also a little tight. It had a matching scarf with it so I thought it would look great if I used it to make the sweater larger. it would match perfectly. Let's do it!

Before and after. 

I found the side seams of the sweater. I needed to cut along those seams to open up my sweater. 
 
I cut the sweater in 2 pieces. I needed one for each side of the sweater.
 
I made a pointed end on the scarf piece so it would fit into the underarm area of the sweater easily.
 
I clipped it all in place so it wouldn't get out of hand while I was sewing. 
 
This is a look at the new piece sewn in. You can see the stitches from my serger.
 
Here is a look at whole the sweater from the outside.
 
A close up!
 
And tucked in. Wearing it this way hides the tassels from the scarf but it's good to have options. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
 
***Year End Update- This sweater is still a winner for me. I love the color and the style is versatile. 

 

 
 

 

 

 

 




No comments: