Friday, March 10, 2023

Easy WIde Leg Pants

 Hello Readers. I have been in love with the kind of pants with super wide legs for a while. I have seen them at the stores too. Off the rack never fits me well so I have been on the look out for a way to make my own. I found these sage green pants at a clothes swap and thought they might work. 

Before and after.

The fit was not right but look at the length!!! I never find pants my length. I am super short so I am used to hemming everything but when I find something in my length ... it's like seeing a unicorn. I thought I could take the waist in a little and keep the loose legs as they were. 

I marked where I needed to sew the new side seam of my waistband. I tapered the new seam so it would blend in with the existing seam. 

 
This was how much fabric I needed to take away. The fit was good but I noticed that the pants had a welted seam on each side. (This kind of seam is common in denim jeans because it is so strong.) I should have paid attention. My new seams are fine but they didn't match the existing seams as well as I would like.
 
I sewed new side seams all the way down the side of each leg. I cut out enough to remove the original seam. The pants were so wide that I had enough room to do that without a size or fit issue. 
 
Here is a look at the side seam. The pants were finished and I love them. They are co comfortable and fun. And green. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
 ***Year End Update- I still like this color and style. They just fit and feel great.

 

 






No comments: