Saturday, February 25, 2023

Hiding Entryway Clutter

 Hello Readers. My family always seem to have so much clutter by the front door. The items we take to work and out to run errands collect and maybe even multiply. The bits & pieces and odds & ends always look messy and I can't ever seem to keep it straightened out. I decided I needed to hide it, but it still had to be accessible. We still go out of the house everyday. How could I hide things and keep them ready to grab? 

 Before and after.

Here is a look at our mess. I thought the shelf would give enough space for keys and gloves and whatever else but a lot more is collecting on these shelves. 
 
We sorted out all the items we didn't need and that helped a little. I thought these bins would help contain the mess and it would be easy to grab what we needed. They had a simple clean design and seemed to hold and hide a lot. It was getting much better but it was still right in my line of vision.

Close up look at the bin. Do we need all of this? I guess we do.
 
I decided to attach a mirror to the front of the shelves. Now I wouldn't have to see the clutter at all. I found the mirror at Walmart and it was only $7. It seemed perfect for the job of hiding my mess.
 
I used these Command strips to hang the mirror onto the shelf. They were made to hang pictures but I thought it would work for my project. The mirror was very lightweight.
 
I attached the strips on the front of the shelves. I used some extra strips to make sure it would stay strong over time.

The mirror hides it all from my view and it also bounces the light around the rooms very nicely also. I liked the effect. Thanks for reading along, happy organizing to you.

***Year End Update- I think this is the best thing I have made. It hides my husbands clutter and made me less stressed. Win-win!


 

 







No comments: