Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Crocheted Blanket Shrug

 Hello Readers. Have you ever tried to crochet? I tried for about 5 minutes and I just didn't like it. My daughter is great at it and she decided to make a blanket. She made part of the blanket and never finished it. I kept it because it was something she made but what could I do with it? Long story short- I made a shrug. 

I went with these colors from head-to-toe. Is it too much?

My daughter made it about 18 inches before she stopped. The stitches are nice and she did really well. The whole piece is about 5' wide. This is really handy because my arm span is about 5'. This would be perfect as one of those sweaters that is just arm and shoulders. I would call it a shrug, you might call it something else, but this is size I had to work with.

I turned the ends in and clipped them in place. This would be the arm hole. 

Here is a look at both armholes turned in twice and clipped in place. Now I will turn it all inside out and stitch it together from the inside. 

With the arm holes and sleeves stitched together the whole thing sits on my back, across my shoulders and down my arms like a shrug. The fit is easy because there really isn't much to fit except the width from one wrist to the other. 
 
I love how it turned out. I had a shirt and a pair of jeans in the same colors so I threw it all together. This was such an easy project because my daughter did all the crochet work for me. (Thanks H!) Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
***Year End Update- This is cozy and colorful. I wear it I the winter to stay warm. 

 







No comments: