Sunday, February 5, 2023

Easy Holiday Vases

Hello Readers. I hope you are looking forward to Valentine's Day. It is a time to tell your sweetheart that you love them. It is a wonderful time of chocolates, flowers and Valentine cards. (Note- As Miley Cyrus says in her latest song, You can buy yourself flowers. You can also give yourself chocolates and you can write yourself a card to remind yourself of how fabulous you are.) Anyhoo... let's talk about flowers. 

I bought these flowers and chocolate candies myself. I wanted them so, I bought them. Let's embrace taking care of ourselves in 2023.

I started with this small glass teapot, a small glass cup (A shot glass.) and some Valentine's Day M&M's. I am using glass containers so that the colored candy will be visible. 

A larger container would work too. But the bigger the container is the more candy and more flowers needed to fill it up.

I poured my candies into the teapot. Did I eat a few? Yes. But I filled the teapot about 3/4 full. Now I need to put the little glass in. 

I needed the little glass for the flower stems. I will put some water in the little glass to keep the flowers alive. This tea pot is shallow and small so I could wiggle the little glass into place. In a taller container it would be best to put the glass in first and then add the candy around it. 

I filled the small glass with water. I only filled it about 1/2 full so that it wouldn't over flow when the flowers are put in.

I cut my flowers really short because this teapot is short. I just stood the flower next to the teapot and cut it to the length I thought was right. I put them in one by one and tried to scatter the different colors around. I didn't want all the white or red all together. I wanted them to be evenly distributed around the arrangement.
 
I love how the whole arrangement turned out. 
 
 I also made a second vase with artificial hydrangeas.
 
  I put the conversation hearts in the vase. Will my family steal some when I am not looking? Yes, but that's OK.
 
I checked the flowers for size by holding them up to the outside of the vase.
 
I cut the flowers to the length I wanted and then added the flowers to the candy filled vase. The candy helped keep the flowers standing up straight and not falling over. 
 
 These flowers didn't need water so it was easier to put together and they can't wilt or die so it is a great arrangement for people that can't keep plants and flowers alive very long. This would be great for an office or work setting when you can't water flowers regularly. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
 
***Year End Update- These vases were fun and my family ate all the candy in a few days.

 













No comments: