Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Sequins to Dye For

 Hello Readers. Are you a fan of sequins? I am. They are fun, sparkly and seem perfect for holidays. I like fun dressy clothes but I also want to be comfortable. This outfit hit all the marks. 


Before and after. 
 
  I recently took my youngest to the dentist and saw this at the house next door. (Yes, I live in a very small town.) It was like a mini clothes swap for anyone who wanted to help themselves.

I obviously helped myself to these dress pants from Banana Republic. They still had the tags attached. I took them home and washed them right away. When I tried them on I found that the waist and hips fit perfectly. (This never happens for me. I was super happy.) You can see the legs did not fit well at all. I am really short and these are not working on my short legs. 

 
 I did some cutting and hemming to make them fit. I liked the wide leg style a lot and I could wear heels but these pants still needed to be shorter. I serged the edge and turned it under to make the hem. I didn't want to turn it under twice because the hem would have gotten thick and heavy. I thought it would make the fabric too thick at the hem. 

This sequin shirt is just a long sleeve t-shirt. I were t-shirts almost everyday. This is fun and dressy but also easy to wear. The light gray parts of the shirt just look old, dingy and washed out though. The sad color just brings the whole shirt down. I can fix that.

This is my last bottle of dye. I have used what I had stockpiled through this year and this is the end. It is just what I need right now. Fabric dye is a great way yo refresh an piece of clothing.

My new dyed shirt looks fresher with a new wash of dark gray color. The sequins can be the star now that the whole shirt is the same background color. It was a great match to the dark pants. Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love, love, love these pants and shirt.

2 comments:

KD said...

What a nice outfit! Amazing how the charcoal gray dye made the t-shirt look so smart. Those sequins would look so stylish for the holidays underneath a black, gray, or red cardi (or blazer if you're being fancy). The pants are really elegant. They can be a base for lots of outfits: evening, afternoon gathering, work-day, lunch out- when we can do those things safely.

I have also been putting together my early winter/holiday capsule wardrobe from the grays, blacks, and reds of my closet/shelves. I'll wear these at home if I can't go out, due to the current omicron uncertainty. It is what it is.

Congratulations on the success of your no-buy year! Thanks for spotlighting Dressember.

I Can Work With That said...

Hi KD! I am not sure what will happen with this holiday season but it is better to be prepared with fun clothes... just in case.
Thanks for the kind comment.
Chickie