Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Fall Dress to Jacket

 Hello Readers. I love the change of seasons. I love fall colors. I like new beautiful scenery to look at. I was given a dress that had all the fall colors in it. Check out this dress!

Before and after.

This dress had all the wonderful colors of fall. It was long and felt like a lot was going on all at once though. 

I decided to start by removing these shoulder pads. They came out easily.

I decided to shorten the dress quite a bit. It was so colorful that it didn't need to be long to make a impact. It would still make a statement if it was shorter. 

It also had a tie in the back. I left that in place because it seemed like a handy feature to have. I could wear the dress full or pull it in to give it some shape. 

I did some hemming to make the shorter dress nice and neat. 

I liked this dress more as a loose open style jacket than I did as a dress. The colors still catch your eye but its not as over powering. The neutral clothes under the jacket help calm the whole look down just a little as well.

My new jacket was a fun casual layer to add on.

What about the extra fabric that got cut off? It was just enough to make a little pillow for the front porch. It looked great with the red chairs I got at a swap last year. That's right, free chairs. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. Happy fall to you!

***Chickie's Year End Review-This dress to jacket refashion was easy and I wore it a lot.



No comments: