Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Orange Jeans Again?

 Hello Readers. I have a question for you? Do you like the color orange? I love it but how many pairs of orange jeans does one woman need? 


I know you are thinking who has orange jeans? And who would have more than one pair? Good questions. The pair I am holding is too tight thanks to Covid snacking. The pair I have on is a bit big and really long. But I really want them to fit so lets get to work. I also want to do something with this floral shirt.


The first thing I had to do was try on the big orange jeans and mark where I need to take them in. I usually try them on inside out and make marks in pencil. I mark the sides all down the hips and legs.  The pencil marks will wash out.


 With my marks to guide me I can make these orange jeans really fit me. Not the manufacturers idea of a human body, but me!


After I took a look at the jeans on he floor I panicked that maybe the legs were uneven. The right leg looked shorter in the picture above. I checked the jeans up close and they are even. I just did not lay them out straight.


My jeans are done so I can work on the shirt. I wanted to make a raglan sleeve shirt because I love that style. (And the arm holes are simple straight lines.) I used a shirt I love as a guide and cut the sleeves and shoulders off this floral shirt. 


I wanted a different color sleeve so I found this blue t-shirt. I didn't want the advertising but I could use the rest of the shirt. I also cut the hem off and saved it for later.


Here are my new sleeves/shoulder pieces. 


I attached the sleeve pieces to the shirt. It was pretty easy. I used that t-shirt hem as binding at the neckline and the ends of the sleeves. It works great for this and I know the color is a perfect match.


My shirt was finished! Hooray! And it was great with my jeans.


I wish I could say I went out on an adventure. I just went to work. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun (And orange!) for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-This shirt is still a favorite and these jeans are so fun too. Love, love.


3 comments:

KD said...

I have jeans in red-orange, coral, peach, and neon orange. Yes, I need these different colors for different outfits. I love your raglan sleeves in co-coordinating blue, and will use this idea for refashioning knits. Thanks for all your great ideas!

jenny_o said...

I'm happy to read your tip about marking the seams with a pencil while wearing them - it's so hard to pin clothes when they're on yourself and this method should have been obvious to me but somehow it was not!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for comments KD and Jenny!
I am glad I am not the only one obsessed with orange.
And I am glad my weird pencil tip helped you.
I love to hear from you guys!
Chickie