Friday, June 11, 2021

Jumpsuit to Romper


Hello Readers. How are you? It is hot, humid and filled with cicadas where I live. I can't do anything about the swarms of insects but I can try to dress for the weather. 
 

I found this jumpsuit at a clothes swap and loved the very light weight chambray fabric. I thought I might refashion it into a pair pants. I was not in love with the top of the jumpsuit. It had a high neckline that I liked but it also had large keyhole opening at the bustline that was so revealing that I couldn't even model it. I did like placement of the ruffle. It was above the bust and not on the bust. I thought it was pretty without adding bulk. I gave it some thought.


The first thing I did was stitch that keyhole opening shut. It was easy to close up. I just turned the edges in and stitched the edges together.


From the front most of this new seam is mostly hidden under the ruffle. I noticed these 2 tiny pin holes. What were they from? I was not sure but I guessed there must have been some kind of embellishment that went in the keyhole opening. The ruffle hid the holes so I decided to ignore them. 


The ruffle poked out in a funny way because I closed the keyhole opening. I did not want the ruffle sticking out like this.


It was easy to sew it down at the neckline. It made a nice detail at the high neckline. 


I decided to cut the legs off so it would be a romper. It seemed like it would be lightweight and comfortable for summer. 


I did not realize until the middle of this refashion that the ruffle extended out and off the shoulder. I thought the ruffles went under the arms somewhere. I can be oblivious to things and I totally missed these arm sleeve ruffles until I was trying to lay the romper out for pictures. Duh!! 

I took the sides in a bit to help the elastic waist fit better.


My new romper was finished. Turning a jumpsuit into a romper is an easy way to boost your summer wardrobe. You can add a sweater if you get chilly in the evening.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-The fit of this little romper turned out really well. I still like it.

4 comments:

KD said...

Much nicer as a short romper than a long jumpsuit. Bare shoulders offer plenty of fresh-air exposure; a key-hole neckline isn't needed for coolness. The flounce adds a unique touch. It looks like the flounce can be worn either under or over the upper arm. That would be a nice option to have, because the outfit does look a bit different.

Véro said...

C'est une réalisation très réussie et qui vous va parfaitement bien !
Merci de continuer à nous inspirer !

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks for the comment KD! There were a lot of options with this one. I was a little overwhelmed at times. Thanks for reading along.
Chickie

I Can Work With That said...

Bonjour Vero,
Merci a vous!
Chickie