Friday, June 25, 2021

Embellished Jeans

 Hello Readers. I like distressed denim but what do you do when the distressing is too much or too big or in a bad location? I decided to cover those spots with pieces of trim I liked. 


I wanted these simple denim jeans for everyday wear. But the waist was a little too big. This is a simple fix but it got more complicated.


I made new side seams and the small distressed spots ended up right at the new side seams. These jeans won't last long with holes at the seams. The seam would rip open and it would be really embarrassing. What if I used this floral trim to patch those distressed spots? That would fix the problem and be pretty too. I cut the ribbon into separate flower pieces. Basically, I made my own patches.


I used a zigzag stitch to attach the flower pieces to the jeans. This helped keep the edges of the flower together and keep it on the jeans when I wash and wear them. These spots are all in the hip area on both sides of the jeans. I added a flower at the upper pocket just for fun.



My jeans were done. I really liked the colors in this trim, I am so happy I was able to use these little pieces in such a fun way. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

***Chickie's Year End Review-I love and wear these jeans a lot. adding fun trim to clothes is one of my favorite things.

No comments: