Friday, November 27, 2020

A Sweatshirt & Matching Scarf

 Hello Readers. How are you? I did a sweatshirt update recently. It was quick and easy.

 I liked the color of this sweatshirt. I also like how they reversed the fabric and used it as a contrast on the sleeves. It was a little over-sized on me. I thought I could do something more with it.

Those sleeves were too long. I liked the color contrast and decided to keep some of it. I thought I would like even more of that reversed fabric somewhere on the shirt. I decided to make pockets and add them on the front of this shirt. 

Actual pocket sewing right here!

I also took in the sides of the shirt to improve the fit a little.

  The pockets added a little something to the shirt.  And the shirt was a great match for this infinity scarf my daughter made for me. It's cold enough for a scarf now.

The cool thing about the scarf is that there is a hidden zipper pocket that is large enough for a phone, wallet, passport, keys, or whatever you want. It is great for being hands free when out or traveling.


 If you like the scarf, you can check out more scarves and other items at her on-line shop Hope Makers Boutique. 
  Her business only sells from ethically sourced products that support ministries and charities. She said about her business: My biggest hope for this small venture is that it will communicate in ordinary ways a big truth: THERE IS HOPE. We can use our purchasing power to buy from brands that are intentionally set up to make a difference. THERE IS HOPE when your purchase of a necklace helps give a mother a job with safe working conditions that also allows her to provide for her children. THERE IS HOPE when you buy ethically sourced tea and gift it to a friend who needs a reminder they are not alone… Together we can be HOPE MAKERS.
 

2 comments:

KD said...

Love the top with its contrast pockets. I always check the wrong side of a refashion to see how it looks with the right side. If it complements or contrasts nicely, I try to find a way to take advantage of that, like cuffs, pockets, collars, hem-bands. That makes a garment unique and special, like yours. Thanks for showing a nice example of this! And good luck to your daughter on her business endeavor!

I Can Work With That said...

Thanks so much KD! I am going to pay more attention to the reverse side of fabrics from now on. I never would have thought of it if the manufacturer hadn't already used it on the sleeves.
Happy Sewing!
Chickie