Friday, November 6, 2020

Taking in the Waist

 Hello Readers. Sometimes when clothing fits in the hips, it gapes in the waist. If it fits in the waist, it is too tight in the hips. It happens a lot with jeans and it was happening with this red denim skirt that I got recently at an outdoor clothes swap.

I hate a gaping waistband. The only way I have been able to get a comfortable fit is to get clothes that fit in the hips and then make the waist smaller. It is easy to fix.

  I decided to make new side seams at the waist of this red skirt. I took off an inch from each side. That 2 inches made a huge difference in the fit. I tapered the new seams out so that the skirt had more of an A-line shape. I just like that style and it flatters all body types. The A-line shape also leaves plenty of room for hips and backsides to be comfortable.

 I found this fun t-shirt at the outdoor clothes swap too. I liked the comic book vibe and it went together perfectly with the skirt.

 I didn't plan to post this right at the election. It just happened that way. It is not an encouragement for anyone to go out and physically fight.


 I was happy because it was warm enough to wear this outfit and I spilled tea on myself while I was setting up my camera to take these pictures. 
I had to go change. 


 Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.

No comments: