Wednesday, November 25, 2020

My Jeans Are Too Tight

 Hello Readers. It's almost time for America to celebrate Thanksgiving. That usually means turkey and stuffing. My family doesn't love turkey so we went rogue a few years ago. We have a roast or ham, lasagna, side dishes, veggies, bread and deserts. Of course, there are deserts. All this good food means I need cozy stretchy pants. Tight waistbands will ruin Thanksgiving for sure. But what if you gained a few pounds during Corona? I have an idea for that.

These green denim jeans had a little stretch to them already but that waistband was at maximum after quarantine. I was going to donate them because they were too tight in the waist and hips. They just were not comfortable at all. Then I had an idea.

I decided to make these pants larger. I cut the side seams open on both sides. I cut from the waist to the ankle.

I also cut up these leftover pant legs. I think I made shorts out of them and saved the legs. I cut the leftovers on the bias so I had long strips of gray fabric to use.

I used my sewing machine to put the pieces of gray sweatpants in the open side seams. I sewed them shut. Because I added the gray fabric on both sides it made the legs, hips and waistband grow.

 

I used the binding from the bottom of the sweat pant legs. I put the binding at the waist and the ankles of the new green jeans to make them look more polished and intentional. Are they sweats or jeans? You decide.


 These new green jeans were a perfect partner for this sparkly sweatshirt.


 
Thanksgiving 2020 has been down-sized at my house. This outfit will be dressy enough for the day and comfortable enough for me to eat pie and cupcakes after dinner. 
 

Thanks for reading along, I hope your Thanksgiving holiday is wonderful. If it isn't a holiday where you live, I wish you a great day.

 

4 comments:

KD said...

Perfect outfit for a quarantine special occasion: fancy and comfortable at the same time. Great idea! As always, thanks for sharing!

A.C. said...

Happy Thanksgiving such as it is this year. We still have so many more blessings than some worldwide !
Love your email refashions and I enjoy the rhetoric, too. I am looking on my $1 racks more closely between you and The Refashionista, Jillian who have both inspired me.

Enjoy your family and food and blessings today !!!

Nina from Southern California

I Can Work With That said...

Happy Thanksgiving KD! Thanks for the comment.
Chickie

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Nina, Thanks so much for the comment and sweet wishes. I love Jillian too. She's the best.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Chickie