Friday, November 20, 2020

Louis Vuitton

 Hello Readers. There is more to a clothes swap then just clothes. Sometimes there are handbags too.

  I found this Louis Vuitton bag and wasn't sure if it was real or a knock-off. I am no expert but it seemed like it could be legit!

I checked the inside and it had a pretty genuine looking label.


 I thought it was in good shape but then I saw the under side of the strap. YIKES! It was not looking good. It looked like a hobbit carried it on an adventure to Mordor.


 I didn't know you could buy so many parts to make bags yourself. My mother-in-law started making bags a few years ago. I had a small stash of purse straps and handles that my mother-in-law gave me. I decided to take the bag home and see what I could do with it. The first thing I did was clean it thoroughly. (Everything from a swap needs to be washed well.) I found this brown strap in my stash. It seemed to match really well. 
 

 I cut the old strap off and threw it in the trash. There was nothing that could be done with it. The new strap was able to be attached in 2 seconds and I was done. This might be the easiest refashion ever! I looked up the proper name for the strap hooks. They are bronze swivel anchor hooks. They are very strong and can be unhooked very easily.  I like cross-body bags so I was happy with how this turned out.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 

 

 

 

2 comments:

jenny_o said...

What a great find! I didn't realize some purses had double hooks. All the ones I've owned had the strap sewn to one side and a hook on the other, which seems not very useful. Why would they even bother with that hook? One of the mysteries of life :)

I Can Work With That said...

Hi Jenny,
I wish I could explain it. What would you do with one hook? haha
Chickie