Friday, March 13, 2020

Going Green

Hello Readers. I decided to do a little more prep work for St. Patrick's Day. Why? Well, I am of Irish decent and I love the color green. And I am all about a holiday that is just full of fun.

I found this green and blue shirt at a clothes swap. (Of course.) I picked it up because it was the perfect green for St. Patrick's Day. The shirt itself is fine but it's a little low in the arm holes and in the front. I could have altered to make it fit, but I decided to do something else.

I decided to make a skirt. I cut the shoulders off and I was half way finished already.



I added a simple elastic waistband and I had a great green skirt. This shirt made a perfect skirt.

 I also had this sweater that seemed destined to be partnered with this skirt. I wanted it to be more fitted.

 I turned it inside out and used a wide zigzag stitch and made new side seams . I cut off the extra knit material and I had a smaller sweater. That zigzag will keep it from fraying. If it is cold on St. Patrick's Day I will wear it. If it's warm I will wear the t-shirt I told you about last week.

I'm ready for all the Irish fun coming this Tuesday. My plans include Berry's Irish Breakfast Tea, Lucky Charms, scones, corn beef and cabbage, soda bread, more tea, a movie about St. Patrick, the show "Derry Girls", rainbows, leprechauns, pots of gold, the song "Danny Boy" on a loop, some U2 and so much more.

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself. 
And Happy St. Patrick's Day too!

No comments: