Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Fall Colors For Spring

Hello Readers. I hope you are doing well during this time of dealing with the Corona virus. I am going to be home a lot so I am going to keep sewing. 
1., because I have time. 
2., I will go crazy if I don't. 
I chose this skirt because it was green and I was still in a St. Patrick's Day mood.

This brown sweater was a open style jacket. The plaid skirt was great but a little big in the waist and too long. Liked these colors but the shapes were all wrong for me.

 What if that sweater was a wrap top instead? That would be more flattering and easy to sew together. I used pins and this white band to get the sweater in the position that I wanted.

 I cut the long excess of fabric off the bottom. I thought it would be too much fabric to tuck in the skirt or anything else if I didn't get rid of some of that length. I added an elastic waistband at the bottom to keep it gathered at the waist.

The skirt was easy. I just took in the sides and made it a shorter length.

This was an easy fix. 

I liked the outfit but when I was done I realized that the color combo was more suited to fall. The skirt would look more spring-like if I wore a different color top. 

Thanks for reading along, now go make something fun for yourself.
And keep washing your hands!

No comments: