Friday, March 6, 2020

A Tshirt Remodel For St. Paddy

Hello Readers. This shirt is a flash back to March 2017. You can see it here. We are taking a second look because St. Patrick's Day is coming and my sewing machine was in the shop for a few days. I had to take a quick break from sewing.

This shirt started out boxy and shapeless. I am Irish and all about the holiday but this shirt could be cuter and a little more fun. St. Patrick's Day is a fun holiday, this shirt should be fun too.

 I decided to add some narrow white lace to make the shirt more fun and interesting. The white lace highlights the white writing on the front.

 I added the lace to the hem, the sleeves and the neckline.

I cut the original neck binding off to open up the neckline. You can see the lace around the neck here.

I curved the sides in and angled the waist back out to make the fit more tailored.

Here is the shirt in it's current form. I am still wearing this shirt after a few years. It is still perfect for St. Paddy's Day.

Thanks for reading along, I wish you all the luck of the Irish.

No comments: